Monday, August 4, 2014

A Summer's Worth


I can’t believe it! We are coming into the last week of the internship and it is a bittersweet moment.  In the past few weeks the office has been quite busy with a few people out of the office. I am glad that I was able to step in when help was needed. I was tasked with a couple new projects to help with the Supply Chain team in which I was excited to help lower the work load because this summer has been a busy one in recruiting new DSCs for increasing volume in certain metro areas.  The projects included creating scorecards, coverage surveys, and identifying suitable suppliers.  This whole summer has been fun yet productive. That surprises me because usually it’s either a fun or productive summer, but it was both. During the month of July a couple of the newer employees at Dwellworks including Ben and I actually got a tour through our beloved cities of Royal Oak and Birmingham.  The Detroit office has been working diligently in closing the month of June and had a billing prize drawing that Ben and I were included in as well. I was surprised when my name came out as I won a Subway gift card, but it was definitely nice to know that we were included in something like that because I wasn’t expecting anything out of it. Dwellworks is truly something that sticks their values and is expressed in every action.  As the interns are in the closing week of the internship, I cannot thank Dwellworks enough for this great opportunity!

 Also, this coke was sitting at my desk and I thought this was one of the coolest things. Thanks Amber! After a summer of getting to know some of the people at Dwellworks, I can say that they are what makes you come in and enjoy the work you do.

Andrew Tam

Detroit
Intern, Supply Chain

No comments:

Post a Comment