Monday, August 4, 2014

Projects


     Throughout my time here I have worked and assisted in many projects for our department. Being such a small team (3 + me) I got to see a lot of different sides of HR; the good, the bad and the ugly. I have learned a lot about benefits, compensation, and recruiting.

     One of the projects I just finished up is creating a guide that new hires can follow to make the onboarding process run more smoothly. Right now it’s overwhelming the amount of paperwork and documents we have to keep track of, all due at different times, and requiring different thing. So I’m working to get everything in one place so it’s easier and less stressful for the new hire.

      Recruiting is another big “project” that is ongoing, and is fun, but it takes a lot of time and effort. And this summer has been crazy with the amount of recruiting we have been doing. It starts by screening and finding a resume of a candidate with the right qualifications, then setting up a phone interview with that person to see if they are a right fit for the company, and if so bringing them in for an in person interview interview. It sounds easy, but you'd be surprised at how many candidates we have to go through until we find the right one for the job.

     It’s always so rewarding when you find a candidate that would be perfect for the position. When I first started, Jess would always talk about this gut feeling she got when she was talking to someone, and I never really understood what that meant until I experienced it for myself. As you’re talking on the phone with someone you just know that they are the definition of what Dwellworks is. Their personality, the way they speak, examples they use; everything just aligns with the way we do business here. It’s exciting to get to see the whole process through from start to finish; from the first interaction over the phone to that person’s first day on the job.
- Valarie Reinig, HR

No comments:

Post a Comment