Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Cultural Funmensions-

I realize what a bad play-on-words the title is but i'm gonna stick by it!

What a crazy week we just had!

This week that just went by we presented the Cultural Dimensions project that we have been working on for 10 weeks! This whole week was packed with us just going over new things, practicing old ones and trying to master our presentation before bringing the internship to an amazing culmination!

Although one of the most hectic weeks, it was one of the best. Our team consisting of Amber, Colton, Valarie, Zach, Sophie, Kaitlyn, Alex and myself became very close in the final weeks, hearing each other's voices almost daily. It was fantastic getting so much closer with the team; we were able to bring up new ideas and constructively work as a team to fine tune the project!

Once we finished our presentation, it was so great to hear all of the fantastic feedback about things the audience learned as well as how impressed they were with the amount of information we gathered / work we put into the project! Getting to learn so much about other cultures around the world was an experience I wouldn't have wanted to get anywhere else. Working with interns from around the world coming from all different backgrounds ... drinking from all different types of milk containers  ... has been great in helping me broaden my understanding of the world!

Milk jokes aside, this internship has been amazing. I couldn't have asked for a better intern team and country partner! Learning about USA as well as UK has made me want to travel even more and with the experience i've gained from working here, I'm confident i'll be successful in my adventures!:)

Now back to my poutine!

Shane Mitchell
Destination Services Intern - Dwellworks
Ottawa, Canada

No comments:

Post a Comment