Friday, August 8, 2014

All Good Things Have to Come to an End


I can't believe this internship is already over, time has just flown by. In my time here though I learned so much and gained so much knowledge.There is a lot of behind the scenes work that the Human Resource department is responsible for, that most people probably never realize- some that I never realized until I got here. Things such as managing employee files, keeping everything up to date, dealing with issues throughout the company, rolling out learning and development programs, setting up webinars for continuing education, 401k processes, benefit administration, parts of payroll, hiring, firing and everything in between. 
This internship has given me a great perspective on what Human Resources is all about. You can learn about it all you want in class, but until you really experience it for yourself, you don’t have a full understanding. I have got to experience a lot this summer. I was lucky enough to have a team that included me in whatever they did. I got to travel to the Detroit office, attend important meetings, go to HR conferences and much more.  This internship has just reassured me that I made the right decision in switching my major to Human Resources. It is something I really enjoy and can see myself doing for the rest of my life.

Dwellworks has shown me that not every business job has to be a boring 9-5, hate coming into work kind of job. Here at Dwellworks I looked forward to coming in everyday- the friendly people, strong values and just the open environment is what differentiates Dwellworks from any other business. I have learned so much in my short time here that will really give me an advantage when I go back to school, or when I go out to apply for jobs.

I really do feel like I have become a contributing member to the team here at Dwellworks and I will be sad to say goodbye, but I know that I have gained a network of not only business professionals, but lasting friendships.

Good luck to all of my fellow interns, it has been a pleasure working with each and every one of you. If you ever find yourself in Columbus be sure to visit! :)
- Valarie Reinig, HR

No comments:

Post a Comment