Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Dwellworks Culture

Give us an example of how you've experienced Dwellworks culture.

When asked to name one time in which I experienced Dwellworks culture, I cannot help but think it is an impossible task – not because I have not experienced any well-defined moment of pure immersion in the Dwellworks culture, but because every moment has been a part of a continuation of that culture. It is an aura, an ambience; it is always present; it is in the air.

+ My leader, Suzy, audible over the cubicle wall, articulating laughter at her frustrations rather than profanity.
+ Dozens of surprise bagels delicately placed on the café table.
+ The inhabitants of an entire office gathering to celebrate one department’s accomplishments.
+ A companion eager to support a new culinary experience.
+ A smile and a “hello” from everyone who passes by.
+ Communal gathering to enjoy a break from the work and a treat.

Throughout my eight weeks here at Dwellworks, I have experienced the above scenarios – and many more – an innumerable amount of times.  The busy bees of the Dwellworks hive have proven to me that they are every bit as social, considerate, and compassionate as they are hard working.

It all goes back to my first impression.

When I arrived at the Dwellworks headquarters on my first day, I was terribly early. I was let into the building by one of the few people present before 8 am on a Monday. He, Max, gave me a tour of the building as if it was no inconvenience to him. He was, essentially, my first face-to-face contact with Dwellworks. He made me feel welcome – a feeling that has only been magnified in the time since my first day here.

- Kaitlyn

No comments:

Post a Comment