Friday, July 11, 2014

Why I Joined Dwellworks


When looking at other internships and job postings, it easily becomes clear which ones seem interesting and which are a little drier. When I was searching online for different summer opportunities, Dwellworks stuck out the most. Dwellworks was able to convey more than just the job position they offered. They showed their culture and personality as well as having a unique internship program. Many other companies hire interns to push paper and grab coffee, but not here. Dwellworks clearly wanted their interns to participate and learn from the experience. These cultural qualities were some of the most important things for me as I searched. I found that throughout the interview process, I was excited to move forward and confident that Dwellworks was a good fit for me. I was actually interviewing with another company when I was offered the Dwellworks position and I didn’t have to wait to decide. I could have asked for time to see if I was offered a position elsewhere, but I didn’t need to, Dwellworks was the right fit. I chose Dwellworks because I find that no matter what work someone has for me; I enjoy the atmosphere and the people more. I think that tasks are only boring if you can’t interact and collaborate with your coworkers and make up a smaller portion of what makes me happy with my work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment