Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Experiencing Dwellworks Culture - Ana


When I think of the most unique trait that Dwellworks has, I would say fun. Fun is not usually a company goal or characteristic. Though I value the unique atmosphere of fun at Dwellworks, like I am sure many others do,  I truly think where Dwellworks shines, is when everyone must pull together to get something finished and out the door. This past week the marketing team has been on overload, cranking out rush order city guides. Most companies, as they get larger, get bogged down in the hierarchy and sheer number of people involved to complete a task. At Dwellworks, we are still just small enough where when it’s needed, we all stop our day to day tasks and jump in to help. Sometimes doing something as simple as count 200 chap sticks can help save enough time to get something out the door in time. I feel like teamwork is sometimes overlooked as one of Dwellwork’s main qualities. I feel like it plays a larger role in the day to day tasks here than anyone realizes. Without teamwork Dwellworks would not be as successful. Sometimes remember everyone is part of the big picture is more important than any individual task and I saw that in the marketing department this past week. Though our department is small, we are just as much a part of Dwellworks teamwork and I see that quality here every day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment