Monday, July 7, 2014

FUN - The Dwellworks Way.

This past week was jam packed with Fun and has lightened my mind and allowed for me to focus much easier and be much more productive on a Monday than ever before! This past week there was tons of fun to be had because Gene and Maura had come to the Canada office and did a presentation for us after taking us out for a lovely lunch! Although it was the hottest day of the summer, the time spent with Gene and Maura was fantastic! We went to a fancy Greek small plate and wine restaurant where we tested plenty of Greek delicacies and delicacies with a Greek twist! I tried foods that I can honestly say I never thought I would have ever tried in my life. Some of which was various types of Calamari (deep-fried and grilled) which was ... interesting to say the least! I also got to try Octopus which was quite the adventure since it look of the Octopus was not too appealing to me. Gene and Sandra, of course due to my cautiousness to try the Octopus, decided that it would be funny and fun to take a picture of me trying to eat the Octopus and i'm quite sure that embarrassing photo will make an appearance somewhere soon! Octopus much to my surprise tasted really good, but the look of it was still not very appetizing to me.

The following day was Canada day, which is a nation wide celebration for our country's independence. This was a greatly fun day and broke up the week in a wonderful way with tons of celebrations and shenanigans happening in the nations Capital, Ottawa!

At Dwellworks, as Gene and Maura demonstrated to me, fun is a characteristic that means a lot to Dwellworks. There is an emphasis on this because if someone doesn't enjoy where they work and they don't have fun doing it, then it's neither benefiting themselves, nor the company. Happy workers will always work harder because they realize that not only does the company love, need and respect them, but also that they love, need and respect the company in return!

Another fun week accomplished at Dwellworks, - The Dwellworks way.


Shane Mitchell
Destination Services Intern
Ottawa, Canada

No comments:

Post a Comment