Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Take me out to the ball game

     I recently won a pair of Detroit Tigers tickets in the billing raffle, and as you can see above, the seats were pretty awesome. I had assisted with closing and billing files in the last few weeks of June, but I think the fact that they included us interns in the raffle attests to the inclusive culture here at Dwellworks. I am very grateful for the culture of respect and teamwork here at Dwellworks. The friendly work atmosphere is directly responsible for my productivity as in intern, and despite the early mornings, my colleagues keep me coming back every day ready to work.

      Speaking of my colleagues, special thanks to Elizabeth Smith in Detroit because without her I would not have made it to this particular Tigers game. As I raced out of the office like it was the last day of school, I absent mindedly left the two tickets pinned to the wall of my cubicle. Elizabeth spotted them as she was leaving for the evening, tracked me down, and went out of her way to drop them off on her way home. We were late for the game, but were ultimately treated to a 14-5 Tigers victory over the Dodgers. I owe you one Elizabeth!

Ben Hardin, Destination Services Intern - Detroit
    

No comments:

Post a Comment