Thursday, May 29, 2014

College v. Working Life


As a college student with only one semester left, I have learned to appreciate the freedom that comes with a college schedule. There are no Friday classes and the gym and meals are whenever you have time. Having worked full time for the past three summers though, I have come to enjoy the flexibility you have while in school. Despite that, I have always enjoyed keeping busy while in school, I take a full course load as well as work part time, but for some reason working 8:30-5:30 is always an adjustment. I think the biggest adjustment for me is how repetitive every day is. Time can go by so slowly or so quickly depending on how much there is to do and the schedule is always the same. The best way I know to keep focused is to enjoy what I am doing and the people I work with. Dwellworks understands how to keep things interesting and fun while still accomplishing so much. This type of work culture that embraces both is what makes the transition from being a college student into a working adult fun and less daunting. Though I am going to enjoy my last semester at school as much as I can, knowing that there are companies out there where everyone enjoys their work and is engaged is what will give me hope that maybe the fun doesn’t end when you graduate.

No comments:

Post a Comment