Tuesday, May 20, 2014

First Impressions


They say first impressions are everything, and they also say you never get a second chance to make a first impression. Happily for me, Dwellworks made the best first impression it possibly could.

My first day on the job, I arrived really early. The office was nearly empty, except for a few dedicated individuals. I was immediately let into the building, and one of the employees adopted me for the time being, giving me an unofficial tour. This marked my first face-to-face encounter with a member of the Dwellworks team, and I could tell just from this one person that Dwellworks was full of friendly faces.

After the rest of the interns arrived, we moved to the conference room where we had our “meet and greet.” Sitting on the table at the end of the room were several boxes of cereal – all of our favorites. It was a nice gesture for the first day. We also played Catch Phrase, which was a fun way to break the ice between the interns.

The rest of the day was just as friendly as the beginning of the day, full of meeting new people who were always open to answering questions or even just saying hi. Overall, I would say that my first impression of Dwellworks – as well as my leader and my team – is that the people it is comprised of are extremely friendly. It seems like a great “work hard, play hard” atmosphere where stress is not the driving factor; rather, collaboration fuels the company.

-Kaitlyn, Clevland OH
 

No comments:

Post a Comment