Friday, May 23, 2014

Dwellworks: Swell-work

On our first day, me and Andrew were given an icebreaker activity to complete with the rest of the office. I was nervous entering a corporate environment, and adding a cheesy questionnaire to the mix made things even more daunting. Andrew and myself huddled together, strength in numbers, and cautiously pushed our way throughout the office. Contrary to my expectations, we were warmly welcomed to the Dwellworks team and the icebreaker that was once an awkward persons worst nightmare became fun and enjoyable.


A specific question included in the activity asked 'what is your favorite aspect of working at Dwellworks?' Every single employee interviewed answered the same; "the people, the comfortable environment and the supportive team." Looking back on my first week here at Dwellworks, I would have to give the same answer. Everyone has been very welcoming and accepting of two new interns and to be honest, I don't quite feel like an intern. I have been treated like a member of the team since I crossed the threshold.


I spent this week absorbing as much information as possible. I have attended chair side meetings with members of supply chain, DS and client services directors. Coming into this internship with zero knowledge of Dwellworks or the relocation industry as a whole, I feel like I have developed a working understanding of the way things move around here. I am excited to get involved and look forwarding to spending the rest of the summer here at Dwellworks. 


Also, it's soon to be the weekend, and that's always a good thing.


Cheers,
Ben Hardin

No comments:

Post a Comment