Friday, May 30, 2014

Don't Do The Dead Fish!

Today we had our business etiquette training and it was a success!

Matt and Jessica from HR in Cleveland put on a great presentation showing us which ways to present ourselves and which ways to not. I always knew first impressions were very important with new people however what I didn't know is that only roughly 7% of the impression made on the person comes from the words you say, the other 93% comes from body language and the handshake! This blew my mind because I have always focused on being very real and being my self and being honest in interviews. I would do this because I believe that employers, if the job is going to be a suitable fit for me, would have to enjoy who I am as a person as well as a worker. Knowing now that body language and handshakes make up that large of a portion of the first impression really makes me want to perfect my body language so that when I present my self to new people, my body language is proper and impressive so that I make that great first impression that will last!

Shane Mitchell
Destination Services Intern
Ottawa, Canada

No comments:

Post a Comment