Thursday, May 22, 2014

My First Impressions of Dwellworks UK

Starting a new job is always incredibly daunting. New faces, new places and new processes; everyday presents something new to learn. Having just completed a degree in English Literature, the world of relocation services was completely unknown to me before starting at Dwellworks. After my first week, however, I already feel like I'm a part of the company.

On my first day, everyone in the Truro office was extremely welcoming. I was given my own desk and soon made to feel at ease with my new surroundings. Our UK Director, Heather Stanley, talked me through my specific role within the company and I was really excited by the prospect of undertaking an internship which would allow me to get involved in projects with real results. My mentor, Sam, has been so patient with answering my questions and teaching me all of the different processes needed for my role as a file co-ordinator. All of my co-workers have been so friendly and are there to offer me any support when needed.

On a day-to-day basis, I respond to e-mails, accept and assign work orders and I'm also involved with lots of other ad-hoc projects for the company, such as creating focus reports. I've really enjoyed getting straight into the role and continue to develop my confidence each day. The whole team at Truro have made such a good first impression and I can't wait to see what week 2 will hold!

Sophie Moore

Destination Services Intern

Truro, United Kingdom


No comments:

Post a Comment