Friday, May 30, 2014

Taking the Internship

I decided to take the internship at Dwellworks because it was an opportunity that was directly related to my field of study, and the values of the company lined up with mine which is an important thing when looking for a job. My HR professor told us to not settle for a job just because they pay well, or you’re just desperate. You should wait until you find an opportunity where your passions, competencies, and the company values all align the most, because that is when you will be the happiest. And I am glad I followed this advice because I look forward to coming to work each and every morning, something that I wouldn't have had if I decided to go with a different company

The interview sealed the deal for me. I had been looking at other internships for different companies, but not one came close to the culture and positivity I got when I was at Dwellworks. I know that this was the right decision and can’t emphasize enough the positive environment and how pleasant the people are here. 

Valarie Reinig
Human Resources Intern

No comments:

Post a Comment