Thursday, May 29, 2014

Favorite Place to Eat Lunch


 “Walnut Wednesday” takes place every Wednesday from 11:30am-1:30pm in downtown Cleveland. Food trucks gather at Walnut Ave. and E. 12th Street in the NineTwelve District for people to come and buy lunch. There are an assortment of food trucks including a taco truck, bistro truck, crepes truck, sushi truck, Swensons food truck, donut truck, ice cream truck, and many more. Live music is played as well for people to enjoy while they sit down and chow on their favorite food.


Yesterday, some of the interns decided to go to Walnut Wednesday for lunch. It was my first time going and I was very excited to attend this event because I had heard great reviews and remarks about it. When deciding what to get for lunch, I was stuck between the sushi food truck and the Zydeco Bistro food truck. I decided to go with the bistro food truck because the menu looked so appetizing. I ended up getting their famous 4 cheese macaroni. You could add toppings to your macaroni and cheese including caramelized onions, pretzels, chicken, and other interesting toppings to add to it. My topping of choice was the shredded chicken and it tasted amazing! I also got to try one of the mini donuts sprinkled with cinnamon sugar on top of it from The Donut Lab food truck. The mini donut was so soft and tasted delicious! It was the perfect little dessert to have after my meal. I definitely plan on going to Walnut Wednesday more often. I would like to try every food truck at least one time this summer.

Cat St. John
Valuation Services Intern, Cleveland

No comments:

Post a Comment