Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Transcending Expectations


For my first blog post, I am going to combine two of the topics given to us: why I decided to take this internship with Dwellworks and my first impressions of the company.  When applying for internships in the spring, I became interested in this position at Dwellworks after doing some research and learning that the company is growing their global influence with recent acquisitions in the UK, Mexico, Costa Rica and Luxembourg.  Once offered the internship, I accepted, despite not knowing anything about the relocation industry, for a couple of reasons:

I read great things about their internship program, their rapid global expansion (although I didn’t necessarily think that I would be able to work and interact with the international offices as an intern), and because the world headquarters are located in the downtown of the greatest city in the world.  

My first impressions of Dwellworks shattered all expectations I had of internships in general and also of this specific internship. 

It is easy to write out values on the company website and not actually follow them but in my short time here I’ve realized that these values are a way of life here at Dwellworks which creates a very friendly and encouraging atmosphere that I have never experienced before.  I have been paired up with Max, the Director of the Global Supply Chain, who firstly, shares many of the same values and visions for the future in both life and business that I do and secondly, has described the projects and initiatives we will be working on this summer, which includes direct interaction and collaborationwith both the domestic and international offices. 

I am lucky to be a part of this company at a time of such global growth and I look forward to working with and becoming friends with my fellow interns and coworkers as well as contributing to the future success here at Dwellworks.  
 
Alex Norton
Global Supply Chain
Cleveland, OH

No comments:

Post a Comment