Friday, May 16, 2014

First Impressions Make The Difference

First impressions of people are very important, they can and do influence perceptions. Dwellworks certainly made an amazing first impression on me! When I walked into the office and met my Leaders and co-workers. Unlike any other interview I've ever partaken in, I felt instantly comfortable with these potential employers. Throughout the interview we would stray once and a while slightly off topic and got to know each other on a more personal level opposed to solely on the professional level. After the interview I knew this was the job for me. I quickly noticed, once hired for the internship, that the interview and the first impression I received from Dwellworks was wrong; it's so much more amazing than I had originally thought. Working alongside the leaders and co-workers, they have made me feel so welcomed, so involved, and so comfortable, that this is much different than any job I have had before. Coming to work and waking up early isn't a challenge because the day is enjoyable.

All in all, my first impression of Dwellworks was great. I don't know if this was an intentional interview process or just a reflection of type of people Dwellworks employs, however I feel that the interview I had was more of a personality interview than a credentials interview. I feel that I was interviewed more so on whether I would fit in with Dwellworks, if I had the right mindset for the job, and if I would fit in with the others working alongside me day-by-day. I wanted to relate this feeling back to Dwellworks as a company because from what I've seen in just the week I've been here is that, like my interview, personality is one of the largest parts of the employees that Dwellworks hires, as well as the product it provides. From the consultants handling the face-to-face interactions with our customers, to the office administrators handling the paperwork side of the sales, personality seems to play a key role. Everyone I have met in Dwellworks has an enthusiastic, welcoming/friendly, and most importantly, a caring personality.

I would like to openly thank Dwellworks for this amazing opportunity to better myself, and hopefully, the opportunity to better Dwellworks by continuing to output that amazing service and fantastic personalty that Dwellworks provides!

Shane Mitchell
Dwellworks Intern
Ottawa, Ontario
Canada

No comments:

Post a Comment