Wednesday, May 28, 2014

First Impression

For my first blog post, I am going to write about my first impression of Dwellworks, my leader, and my team that I will be working with throughout the internship. First off, I did have my interview in person at Dwellworks exactly a month ago. I only got to see the upstairs when I had my interview and all of the cubicles/rooms up there. I was very impressed with just seeing only the upstairs since I loved how modern everything was and the different rooms that were surrounding the cubicles. On our first day, Jarod, our VS leader, gave us a tour of the downstairs office since that is where VS is located. I loved the layout of the kitchen with the old murals on the two sides of the walls and the pop of color on the back of the wall. The kitchen may be my favorite place to go (I love the coffee machine!), especially since you can sit down and eat right in there.

I really enjoyed the atmosphere of the company that I experienced right on the first day. The cubicles are designed perfectly so that you have your own personal space to work at, but are close to your other associates so that you can have conversations with them still without leaving your chair at your desk. Everyone was so welcoming on the first day, either physically coming to our desk to meet the interns or taking time from their work for a few minutes so that we could meet the associates and get to know them better.


When I walked through the door on Monday, Jarod was right there to meet us all (the 4 of the VS interns). Right off the bat, he was making jokes, which made me less nervous, especially for the first day. I also got to know my fellow VS interns that I was going to be with all summer, Brittany, Kevin, and Colton. We were all friendly to one another, and I knew on Monday it was going to be a fun, productive summer with my team.

Cat St. John
Valuation Services Intern

No comments:

Post a Comment