Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Why I Decided to Accept the Dwellworks Internship

I first looked into Dwellworks because of the convenience of the internship being located in Cleveland near my home. I had little, if any, knowledge of the relocation industry and the roles that Dwellworks plays in the industry. After reading about the company, the culture, and the internship program I realized that Dwellworks is a company that values their interns. This is a quality that is rare in business and I had the sense that Dwellworks was a place at which I could not only grow as a professional but as a person.

The culture at Dwellworks is also unique in that fun is a strong value in the organization. Not many companies value fun in the workplace, and Dwellworks uses fun to help promote teamwork among coworkers. After completing the interview process, I was able to learn more about the internship program, the role interns play in the success of the business, and the culture at Dwellworks. The internship program promotes professional development through a summer long intern project, resume and cover letter improvements, and mock interviews to improve interview skills. I immediately gained the sense that Dwellworks actually cares about the success of their interns, regardless if they want to work full time at Dwellworks or not.


 Many companies only hire interns who are juniors or seniors and have prior work or intern experience. Dwellworks did not look for prior business experience, but rather teamwork, work ethic, and leadership in their interns, regardless of their year in school. This fact helped me to feel confident in my ability to work well with other Dwellworks employees and help the business succeed as a future intern. The opportunities for my own personal and professional growth at Dwellworks made accepting the internship one of the easiest decisions I have ever had to make.

-Kevin Mullinger

No comments:

Post a Comment