Monday, June 2, 2014

Adjustment from College-life to work life


The biggest question coming in to this internship was “what am I going to do for 8 hours?” That is definitely not the question anymore because I am always asking myself “where has the time gone?” There are many periods of downtime at school except while at work once you’re given responsibilities and projects; they keep you busy from 9-5. There is a lot of variety in the different projects that have been given to me. The thing I have enjoyed working here so far is the environment here at Dwellworks that keeps you motivated and almost makes you forget you’re in an office all day.

Compared to college where you’re always getting up and going to different activities. Here in the office your mind moves from switching project to project. Time management will solely be the key skill to learn throughout the summer. These past two weeks I have been given projects to work on the Rent Assist settling-in guides, supplier coverage surveys, audits in service engine and the main haul of the work load is authorizations. There has been a lot of help that keeps me focused and not feel overwhelmed with the project load. As the summer rolls on I look forward to seeing all the work I have done by the end of the internship.
 
Andrew Tam
Intern, Supply Chain

No comments:

Post a Comment