Friday, June 13, 2014

Magic Tricks With MAGIC


Prior to working at Dwellworks I had little customer service experience. I worked as a caddy at a golf course, which is the only job I had in which I interacted with the customers directly. My knowledge of how serve customers was to always be polite and that the customer is “always right”. MAGIC taught me that there is much more to customer service than being polite. I also learned the value of customer service; for instance in a survey CEO’s of fortune 500 companies changed suppliers 68% of the time due to poor customer service. That alone reveals how important it is for companies to make sure their customer service is the best it can possibly be.

It is imperative for people in customer service to not just be polite in the words they use, but in how they say those words. Tone is a key role in how to deliver a message that makes the customer want to interact with you again, especially when speaking over the phone. The five steps of MAGIC are essential to building a great relationship with the customer and delivering the service the customer desires. The one takeaway from MAGIC that greatly impacted how I approach the customer, is having a genuine concern for the customer’s issues and use positive words with an upbeat tone. This way you can guide the customer’s mood to a more relaxed state so to better understand and solve their problem. Before MAGIC I mostly focused on being polite and sincere in how I speak to customers, but to be a truly effective server I need to develop a habit of being upbeat and friendly. I learned valuable customer service tricks with MAGIC. MAGIC taught me that the customer comes first and helped me to not only serve Dwellworks’s customers better, but also the customers I will interact with in my future.

-Kevin Mullinger

No comments:

Post a Comment