Friday, June 20, 2014

Do You Believe in MAGIC

Last Wednesday, we had our MAGIC training all day in Cleveland. Everyone in their life deals with customer service interaction on a daily basis. We do not even realize that we are interacting with “customers” and providing “service” to them if they are in need of help or clarification. For my other job, I am a Campus Manager at Dayton for University Tees, a custom clothing and promotional products company. I deal with customers on a daily basis for that job, by emailing Fraternities, Sororities, clubs, and organizations on campus or meeting with them in person to sell t-shirts, sweatshirts, hats, etc. At Dwellworks, as Valuation Services intern, I am emailing or calling appraisers to confirm that they have inspections scheduled or that their appraisal reports will be uploaded into our website by their due date. Both jobs require me to interact with customers every day, listening to them and understanding their problems or requests. When greeting a customer, you want to make a connection to build the relationship. First impressions have a huge impact on building a relationship.  At every meeting or in every email, I try to act professionally and express confidence that I can provide my service to help the customer out.

I learned a lot of new information from the MAGIC training. We learned about “tragic phrases” that was a new concept to me. “ASAP” is one of the tragic phrases we learned about since it could have many different meanings to it; it could mean that you will do the task the minute you get off the phone call with the customer, or it could mean that you will do the task when you finish the other tasks you needed to get done first. “Unfortunately” was another tragic phrase that was in our training booklets. Trying to not use that word in my phone calls or emails is going to be difficult for me because I use “unfortunately” probably a few times a day, but I know I will need to apply the training to my work with emailing appraisers or calling them for reports. I also learned that you should get permission from the customer before you put them on hold or transfer them to another associate. Then, after you put them on hold, you should use their name and wait for a response from them, and then thank them for patiently waiting while they were on hold. I never knew that was the appropriate way to handle a hold for a customer, but I know now that I should apply it if I ever need to put an appraiser or client on hold or need to transfer them to someone else in VS. The MAGIC training that Dwellworks offers to their associates is unquestionably beneficial to everyone in many ways. In every department at Dwellworks, the employees are always interacting with customers each day. The associates need to know the magical steps in building a relationship with a customer and positively helping out their customers in the best way possible.


Cat St. John
Valuation Services Intern, Cleveland

No comments:

Post a Comment