Thursday, June 19, 2014

Marketing Projects


Marketing Projects

It seems that the marketing department always has several projects going on. In fact, Suzy has a list – more like a pile – of things that we need to accomplish eventually. So the majority of the time, it’s pretty busy around here, but it’s never the same thing every day. On any given day, I might work on three different projects and might not completely finish a project for three weeks.




Currently, I’m wrapping up work on an email signature campaign that will launch soon. Suzy noticed that there are many different email signatures floating around Dwellworks; from a branding perspective, we need them to be consistent, so I’ve been working on establishing designated signatures for our various locations and departments. You’d think it would be easy to just type up a format and send it to everyone in the company for use, but it is much more complicated than that. There are many variables to consider and many leaders of other departments and locations to approve the new signatures. I am in the final stage of receiving feedback from those leaders though, so the new signatures should be ready for launch hopefully within the next week or so.

I’ve also been working on another project that I am very excited about. A member of the IT department has been developing a mobile app for internal use. He’s brilliant with the programming, but he recognized that the graphics within the app needed some updating, and he asked me to help. This has allowed me to dabble in Adobe Creative Suite with some amateur graphic design, which is something I always enjoy doing. It has also given me the opportunity to expand my business-teamwork skills and has taught me to accept constructive feedback because he, essentially, is my client.

- Kaitlyn

 

No comments:

Post a Comment