Friday, June 27, 2014

Why Dwellworks?

When deciding how I wanted to spend my summer, I had a few options in mind. One I could stay in hot, sticky New Orleans for an internship or my on campus job, look for internships in Chicago and spend the summer living with my friends, or come home to Cleveland to spend time with my family. I looked into all these options and before I knew it, summer was here and I was still undecided.  Options two and three were definitely my top options, but after my Dwellworks interview, I was pretty certain I would be returning to Cleveland. The reason I took the Dwellworks internship was because I actually enjoyed my interviews, felt comfortable with the people I spoke with, and enjoyed the idea of a new challenge. My last job was one that I loved, but after being there for three years, it was time to branch out and try something new. Dwellworks, though unique on its own, is larger and more formally organized than any of my other work experiences.  These two qualities were things that I looked for in companies I applied to in order to familiarize myself with different kinds of companies. I wanted to branch out a little and learn in a new environment and Dwellworks fit all my criteria. Not only is it located downtown, an area I did not know at all, they employ more people, and have a more formal hierarchy while still retaining their values and personality. I knew that Dwellworks was the next step for me as I move towards graduation and that real world everyone is always talking about. 

No comments:

Post a Comment