Monday, June 16, 2014

MAGIC

Every person
I communicate with
is my customer,
and every communication
makes an impression.
 
This is what should be known as the golden rule of business.
 
Your customer isn't your only customer; so is everyone else you interact with as long as you have your work pants on. This is something I hadn't realized prior to receiving MAGIC training. In fact, just a day or two before the training, my dad told me about an interaction he had with one of his "internal clients." I was puzzled at that reference, and he explained to me that what he meant by internal client was, simply, a coworker. And this all made even more sense as I sat in the "Teamwork" conference room receiving the MAGIC training.
 
Okay, so I've been throwing around that word a lot; what exactly is MAGIC training? As far as I'm concerned, MAGIC stands for Make A Good Impression on the Customer. Below is the drawn out meaning.
 
Make a connection
Act professionally
Get to the heart of the matter
Inform and clarify what you will do
Close with the relationship in mind
 
MAGIC, then describes the steps in establishing and carrying out an excellent interaction with the customer.
 
My favorite thing about the training was practicing phone calls with a pretend customer. We recorded and critiqued the phone calls, so we really got a good sense of the dos and don'ts of customer interaction.
 
Don't let your interactions be "tragic." Make them MAGIC!
 
 
-Kaitlyn
 

No comments:

Post a Comment