Wednesday, June 4, 2014

My Cube

My Cube




This is the space where I work. I spend roughly 40 hours each week (give or take a few) working from this desk.  I've never pictured myself working in a cubicle before. In fact, before coming to Dwellworks, I had a fear of the cube. I associated the idea with a white collar wasteland, an office full of sad people working meaningless hours separated by thin cubicle walls. My brain has associated this depressing image with office work in general until I began this internship here at Dwellworks.

The people at this office and the dynamic environment that is the relocation industry has changed my opinion of office life. So much so that it has made me, a notorious late sleeper, look forward to the morning. I have thoroughly enjoyed coming into the office each day. Work at Dwellworks is not the monotonous chore that I previously thought work was. The domestic DS department has kept me very busy, which I am grateful for. The high volume keeps me busy and focused and leaves me feeling accomplished at the end of the day. I am glad to be part of the Dwellworks team and look forward to the rest of my time in this cozy little cube.
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment