Friday, June 13, 2014

Monthly status report

     I'm almost a month into my internship here at Dwellworks, so I decided to format this post as an informal evaluation of my time. Essentially, my day to day responsibilities consist of anything to take some pressure off of the domestic team here in Detroit during these busy summer months. Over the past twenty some days, I have learned how to enter authorizations, update both Service Engine and E-Radar, assign DSCs, update communications with DSCs and generate client specific reports.
 I have officially taken over the responsibility of fielding and entering both Graebel Domestic and Cartus Domestic authorizations. After the initial learning curve, entering authorizations has become ingrained in my muscle memory. I have learned the layout of Service Engine and, on a good day, can chug through 10 in roughly half an hour. Aside from assisting the domestic team with their programs, I have also worked on a number of unrelated projects. I have completed a few different data analysis projects thus far and will begin work on an econometrics project, hopefully sometime the next week. I have also been assisting the Dwellworks team with financially closing and billing files.


     Arriving on the first day, I was unsure of what an internship at Dwellworks would look like. I was apprehensive at first, afraid that my time would be wasted with busy work. It has, however, been quite the opposite. I feel that I am an effective participating member of the team whose time spent in the office contributes to the company's day to day upkeep. When there's work to do, which there most definitely is here at Dwellworks, time moves fast. The last twenty days have flown by and I look forward to the rest of my time here.


- Ben Hardin, Domestic DS Detroit

No comments:

Post a Comment