Thursday, June 12, 2014

Though I have been a customer service provider as well as the recipient of some questionable customer service myself, MAGIC was a great way to cement the good tactics I have learned and witnessed. I feel like there was one step in the MAGIC process that I had never put much thought into, step 8, telling a customer you can help. Telling a customer they have reached the correct person is something so small and so simple, yet it always slips my mind. But this one simple step can help ease a customer’s worry so easily. When a customer calls to solve a problem, the first thing they want is to make sure that they are in the right place. As a customer, I hate being sent from one person to another, always wondering if the next person is the right person. By the time I have reached the right person I am usually annoyed or anxious, and hearing the small phrase of “I can help you” is such a great relief. This phrase means you are making progress, that someone is listening and that they are going to provide at least some sort of answer. For so few words, they can hold a great deal of weight and be the phrase that turns a phone call around. This small step in giving good customer service is not one I am likely to forget and will help me improve my skills going forward.   

No comments:

Post a Comment