Friday, June 13, 2014

Becoming Magicians


This week we had our MAGIC customer service training. Although I have been working in customer service for a while now, I still learned some things that I didn’t know before. It was a long day packed with lots of applicable information that Jess and Matt presented in a way that was engaging and interesting.

The thing that I found most interesting was how Dwellworks focused more on the relationship of the interaction rather than just getting to the problem right away. During all of my previous customer service jobs the relationship with the customer wasn’t as important as getting them what they need. Here at Dwellworks though that is the most important part, making and maintaining the relationships with clients.  Another big take away that was different from my previous experience was the empathy aspect of MAGIC. Really understanding the customer and seeing things from their point of view are something that I think makes Dwellworks exceptional when it comes to Customer service. Sometimes people just need someone to listen to their problems, even if you can’t help directly, just giving them your attention and putting yourself in their shoes can make a big difference. Another topic that I think will be very helpful in my life is the Bad new burger. I am a person who hates confrontation, and delivering bad news can lead to that. This method gives you a way to deliver bad news while still staying positive. Starting off as being empathetic, then telling the bad news, but quickly following up with a redirect of what their next step should be or what we can do for them.

Everything I learned in MAGIC I can apply to not only my work life, but my everyday life.

Valarie Reinig

No comments:

Post a Comment