Friday, June 27, 2014

What Does Your Desk Look Like: Chaos with Headphones


My desk is located closer to the front of the building on the second floor near the accounting department.
  1.  To start I have my company name tag saying I am in the finance department, even though I do not work with them at all. From what I understand, which very well could be wrong, I am part of Shared Services, more specifically Project Management. Whichever department I am actually a part of, I like it because I get to work with multiple departments and see a lot of people. Of course, I cannot forget my creatively crafted name tag from MAGIC training.
  2. My desk is constantly full of reports and project updates that I have made over the course of my internship in order to make sure I do not miss any changes that need to be made for the next time I present my project.
  3.  I bring my computer to work every day. Since I have to make reports and updates all the time, I just prefer to use Microsoft Office 2013 because I think it is easier to work with and makes my reports look better. Plus I can listen to music directly from my computer instead of fussing with an iPod or phone.
  4.  Most recently my lifesavers are my Beats headphones. As much as I enjoy more people moving up to the second floor, the noise does make it difficult to concentrate sometimes. My headphones are noise canceling so all I hear is what I want to hear and can concentrate on my project. The downside is that people will be standing behind me for minutes and I will not even know they are there, and if anyone wants my attention they usually end up having to startle me. Still worth it.
  5.  A Juji’s take out menu in the drawer is a must because I LOVE ordering food from them ahead of time and just taking a five minute walk to pick it up. Plus it is a good price, I highly recommend the grilled chicken caesar salad.
Nick Ferrara
Market Research Intern

No comments:

Post a Comment