Friday, June 27, 2014

College-life to Work-life

Let’s just say that I have had to make a MAJOR adjustment going from classes and studying at UD to working 8:30am-5:30pm for 5 days straight for the Dwellworks internship. Basically, it is a different world that I have gradually adjusted to in the past 5 weeks.

I am a night owl at school. I, for some odd reason, cannot go to bed before 2am during the week, and then I catch up on my sleep on the weekends. Funny enough, I can get through a day of classes with 4-5 hours of sleep and sometimes not even a cup of coffee. The first couple weeks at Dwellworks, I was not sleeping as well as I should have. Getting up at 6:30am everyday and having an 8 hour day ahead of me was a tough change in my life. I have now been going to bed before 10pm-11pm every night so that I can get at least 6 hours of sleep and survive the day. Coffee is my savior. I probably have about 2-3 cups a day to give me that extra boost of energy.

At school, I am constantly walking around campus, either going to class, walking around the student neighborhood, or getting food. At work, I am sitting at my cubicle for about 6-7 hours a day emailing and calling appraisers, while working on other task as well. I enjoy being independent, working on my tasks that I do on the daily. Being downtown at work is exciting because I love walking around and trying out the different food places that are here as well.

This adjustment was a bit difficult, but I do think I have grown more in this internship from getting a feel of how the real world works and having a full-time job.

-Cat St. John

No comments:

Post a Comment